Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Ch Ch Ch Ch Changes!

Well, here we are.  Back to the beginning of yet another new year.

We've maybe evaded something ominous sounding called the fiscal cliff.  Most of us survived the end of the 13th Baktun, which is a 400 year calender the Maya use that a lot of people assumed was a prediction of the end of the world.  It wasn't.  It was just the end of one calender cycle and the beginning of another. And, the debates over equal rights and gun control are still going strong here in the USA.

Somehow, it feels less like the beginning of a new era and more like a "same ole' shit different day" type of thing.  That's ok.  In a way it's comforting, like hugging a rock.  At least you know what you are going to get.

No surprises, unlike what you get from bratty kids.

Mine seem to be always changing and surprising me.  It's rather pleasant, yet disconcerting simultaneously.  I mean I am thrilled that the boys are growing and developing all these new skills and are needing me less and less, but I am bummed out that they are getting so big and independent. 

I almost cried this morning when The Pizzmeister summarily told me, "No daddy!  Don't need you.  I can do it by mine self!" when I asked him if he needed me to help him remove his pants so he could go potty.

I was so darn proud...and apprehensive.  My little boy is growing up! Yay!

Uh oh...MY LITTLE BOY IS GROWING UP!  OH NO!  WHAT AM I GOING TO DO?!

Quick stifle him! 

Then, to top it all off, Two-zy decided to take his swim crawling to the next level this morning, and I swear to whatever deity you believe in that I said, "Oh don't you dare you little puke!  Daddy needs you to stay little!"  Then I ran over and picked him up so I could deny that the crawling thing ever happened.

Now, I am hoping that when I put him down because I feel guilty for screwing up his new "thing" he won't remember how to do it again for at least a few more days.  

Yes, I know I am being selfish and should be overjoyed and excited and I am, but I'm also irrationally a little depressed and pouty.

Damn kids!

Why you gotta grow up so fast?!

Pretty soon you boys will be obnoxious teenager types who hate me, and I'll be counting the days until I can pack you off to college.

But, until then I'm going to feel sad and get all teary eyed when I think of you guys growing up even if that means sex might eventually happen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment