Monday, February 3, 2014

CH...Ch...Ch...Changes! (Soon, I'll be lame)

Yikes!

There are big changes coming down the pike, and I am not sure I really want to admit it yet. 

The Pizzmeister is turning 4 in a week and a half, we are shopping for pre-k's, Mama Bear has her own rc truck now and is cooler than I am, and I don't know how to handle any of this!  

I mean, my big boy is turning four!  

Holy shit!  

How did that happen?!  I swear we just celebrated him turning 2 last week, and now he's turning four and getting ready to start pre-k?!

What the hell, man?

That can't be right!

But, it is.  That inconsiderate little brat is growing up and needs me less and less every day, which is problematic.  I want him to be independent and self-sufficient and all that,  and I am incredibly proud of the little pisser, but I like being the go to guy when he needs snuggles during the day, and Mama bear is at work.  I like being the guy he loves to play with the most. I like being cool and needed!

Soon, he will have all these little bastard friends that will steal my glory.  I'll no longer be "cool dad."  I will be "lame dad," and I am not ready for that transition!

I thought I put a safeguard in place to prolong the arrival of that eventuality with the RC stuff, but that seems to be collapsing around me too now that Mama Bear has her own truck.  I was told point blank this morning that Mama Bear was way more fun than I am now that she'll play with the RC's too.

Ouch!

At least, I can extend my role as the cool fix it guy when the boys break their toys, right?  

Well, I can for awhile anyway.

As I learn new things, I like to teach the boys too, but the problem with that is now the Pizzmeister is starting to practice what I have been teaching him.  

I've been tying my own noose all along, and I am just now realizing it. 

Luckily, I have a while before I'm swinging from the gallows. 

There's a lot left to learn and teach the boys, and, thankfully, Two-zy is still a little dobber, but I know it won't be too long until I am writing about him growing up and needing me less too.

It's something to look forward to and dread.






No comments:

Post a Comment