Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Our Weekend Get Away is Over, and, Man, I'm Pooped!

This past weekend I had the chance to learn a few things while attending an art show in Buffalo, NY

First  thing I learned is that people from downstate expect you to maneuver around them because they will never scoot to the side to make it easier for anyone to get by.  It doesn't matter if you're in a wheel chair, perfectly able bodied, or a guy, like me, walking with a cane and pushing a stroller. They don't care.  They're equal opportunity, and the only way to get them to step aside is to physically make them because they can't hear you when you ask if you can just scoot by no matter how loud you ask or how many times you say please.

Secondly, I came to the realization that I really really want cable now just so I can have the animal planet channel.

Why just the animal planet channel?

Because I spent the whole weekend watching shows like "Swamp'd" and "Call of the Wildman," and now I'm hooked! There is just something about these shows that feels familiar and homey to me.

The third thing I learned this past weekend is that sometimes going out of your way to experience a new place is well worth it.

This is a tunnel that leads to a special viewing area for kids
inside the Canadian Lynx exhibit.  Wicked Cool!
Aside from the art show, we stopped into Rochester, NY to visit the zoo, and had a great time! The boys loved it, Mama Bear loved it, and even an old fuddy-duddy like me thoroughly enjoyed myself. 

It was certainly worth the side trip!

Two-zy and Auntie Em at the Aquarium
We also took a side trip out to Niagara Falls, NY and visited the aquarium out there with some close friends, which was awesome!  It's always nice to spend an afternoon with people you don't get to spend time with all that often.  It makes a nice afternoon get away that much more special.


Here's a few more photos of the Zoo and maybe Aquarium too

Lazy Rhinos

Mama Bear and Boys in front of the Rhinoceros exhibit


Playing the musical Aligator


Just before the Safari


Polar Bears or seals or something

Mama Bear At the Polar Bear Exhibit








Friendly Neighborhood woodchuck

Wicked Awesome Double decker bus at the Lion exhibit


The only other photo I have of the Aquarium.

No comments:

Post a Comment