Friday, September 28, 2012

A Week of Learning: Crappy Casserole, Injurious Bread Dough, and Illegal Parking!

A bit of a warning:  I am being extra whiny in this post. :)

So, I have a learned a few important things this week; things like I make a crappy casserole, I'm too out of shape to knead more than one loaf's worth of dough at a time, and I learned that it really doesn't matter if you own the land you are living on or not.  There are always going to be people telling what you can and can't do and you are just going to have to live it.

First off, let me tell you about the bland, mushy casserole I made.

I got this recipe from a book of supposedly quick, easy, and delicious recipes.  

Well, the casserole was certainly quick and easy, but the delicious part is questionable.  Mama Bear liked it.  I thought it was terrible, and was totally surprised at how terrible it was.

I mean, who would have guessed that when you mix 2 cups of rice, 1 pound of chopped and cooked broccoli, 2 tablespoons of butter, 1 can of cream of mushroom soup, and 2 cups of cheese (I used triple cheddar) that your end result would be something that resembled wall paper paste and tasted absurdly similar to it to?

Yes, I have tasted wall paper paste.  I'm not proud of it.

Anyway, I guess I am either not a casserole fan, or I somehow just really screwed that one up.

Then to add insult to injury, I pulled a muscle or something while I was baking bread.  How lame is that?  Who hurts themselves kneading dough?

This guy apparently.

And, to top off the day, the most absurd thing happened of all.  

Our city's code enforcers told Mama Bear and I that we have been parking illegally for the last 8 years.  No, we haven't parked over the side walk or anything.  We've been parking in what we assumed was our drive way.  

I guess the city doesn't agree with us.

Yes, we have, in fact, been parking on our property just not in what the city thinks of as our drive way apparently.  They call it front yard parking, and that is illegal I guess, but oh well.

No big deal.  

We can still park the truckster and Mama Bear's go machine in the other part of the drive way just fine until everything gets cleared up.  And, by cleared up I mean hearing back from the city with their final decision as to where we are allowed to park.  

Either way, we're fine with it...kind of.  

If we can't park in that portion of the drive way any more then we'll just dig out the gravel and convert it into a big garden.  I just wish they would have said something 8 years ago when we bought the place instead of letting me park illegally everyday for 8 years.  Kind of makes me feel like a menace to society and a hardened criminal.

No comments:

Post a Comment