Thursday, August 2, 2012

zane, Zoey, Pizzmeister, Whatever your Name Is...

Oh man, I am turning into to that dad that can't get his kids name right!

But, I am worse.

When I yell at my kid I usually go straight to the dog's names first.  What can I say?  I am more used to reprimanding the bratty dogs than the kids.

But, I am sure that that will change quickly enough.  

After all, the dogs are ancient as hell, so their mischievous days must numbered right?  You'd think that at 13 or so a dog would start slowing down. Nope not our dogs!

They are always misbehaving.  They are either snarfing up all the food the boy leaves behind or wagging and knocking the toddler over or something.

It's always something!

They are just naughty in general.  And, what's worse, they are naughty and old.  Old enough that they don't care anymore if they get caught because what are we gonna do? 

Nothing and they know it.  We'll say "Knock it off," or or yell at them, but that is about it.  It's not like they bite or anything.  They are just pests in general.  

So, I think that it is understandable that when the Pizzmeister is pulling some craziness I automatically yell at him using the dog's name, saying "Zane, knock it off!"  Zane, is our Platt hound mix, the usual culprit when evil shenanigans are happening.

Now, I don't really feel bad that I sometimes mistakenly call my son the dog's name.  I feel bad that the one time the poor dog is innocent he is still getting yelled at.  

Poor thing!


No comments:

Post a Comment