Monday, July 16, 2012

Let's Call a Truce

I am not just sure if it is just me or what, but I swear that people are getting more and more judgmental and intolerant lately.  

Well, maybe the trend isn't as recent as I am thinking it is, but that is not the point.

The point is there is no reason to be hurtful just for the sake of being hurtful, and, no, your religion does not give you carte blanche to judge or attack other people just because they are different than you.

Perhaps if we spent a little less time looking for differences we'd be able to see the similarities.

Okay, so what am I on about?

Well, I've gotten yet another hate e-mail, which isn't any big deal usually, but lately my hate mails are all based on the same thing, my wicked cool new banner.  

I guess I chose to use multiple colors in it and that apparently is offensive to a very vocal few.

Well, to them I say "What is wrong with you?!"

Yes, I chose to use multiple colors for my lettering.  Yes, I know that rainbows and rainbow colored things have symbolic meanings.  That is one of the reasons I chose to use multiple colors as I am fully supportive of other people being allowed to live their lives as they see fit.  

As long as they aren't hurting anybody who cares?    

I firmly believe that it is time for us as people to move on from our petty differences with each other.  

So, there are people out there that live different lives and have different beliefs than you.  

Big deal!

If you leave them alone, I am sure they will leave you alone too, so let's call a truce!

Life is too short to spend it in a protective shell of ignorance, so
step out for awhile and witness all the amazing crap you missed. 

Don't worry your little protective shell will still be there if you want to go back to it.  




2 comments:

  1. AMEN! I was just talking about the same thing on my site recently. <3 your new banner!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! People have been sending you hate mail too?

      Delete