Wednesday, July 11, 2012

If it Feels Like a Job, You're Doing it all Wrong!

For the last week or so I have been doing some contemplating, and I have discovered that I have been royally screwing up a lot lately. 

I've caught myself taking this blogging thing entirely too seriously.

I mean I am spending so much time thinking about what I can blog about that I forget to actually have a life, a real one, where there isn't a computer within sight 100% of the time.  It's ridiculous!

I'm ridiculous!

If I am not fiddling around with the blog then I am on Facebook or checking my e-mail or contemplating what I can tell you all about.  Then I realize that I actually have to do stuff in order to have anything to write about.

Bummer!

When did this blogging thing start becoming a job?

It hasn't.  It just feels like it.

So, I have a new motto, which those of you that follow me on Facebook already know.  That new motto is "If it feels like a job, you're doing it all wrong!"

No, it isn't exactly replacing my old motto, which is "Nut up or Shut Up!"  I am still keeping that one around.  I'm just adding this new one as a reminder to myself of what's really important and that being a parent isn't a job despite the claims of many that it's "the hardest job you'll ever love." 

Parenting is just part of life...for me anyway, and life isn't a job is it?

I guess it could be to some people, but not to me.

Blogging is also not a job to me.  

I started out just looking for something to do while the kid slept, and I wanted to do something that kept my brain active since Sudoku just wasn't cutting it anymore.

So, I started writing some stuff down, and eventually this blog came about.  I remember telling myself at the beginning that the moment it stops being entertaining to me I'll stop because, hey, it's not like I am making any money from it.

Well, somewhere along the way I forgot about that vow because I haven't stopped, and I don't intend to...not yet anyway.

But, I do need to make a change because I am missing out on something pretty damn great!

What's missing in this photo?

ME GODDAMMIT! 

My beautiful family is out and about having all sorts of fun, and where am I?  


Behind a freakin' camera thinking about how to incorporate this photo into my blog.  Not cool!

Instead of sharing the moment with them I am a spectator, watching it happen.

Well, one of my parents, I don't recall which one at the moment, once told me that life wasn't a spectator sport, and I am just figuring out what the hell that means now, 15-20 years later.

Man, I am a dope!

I owe my family one helluvan apology! 






Something's gotta change.  I can't afford to miss out on any more moments like these anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment