Monday, April 9, 2012

Love is in the Air, LET'S CELEBRATE!!!!!

Since, lately, it seems like all I have been hearing in  the news and reading on the net is all "doom and gloom," I thought that I would share some really good, exciting news even if it's of a slightly personal nature.

My younger brother proposed to his girlfriend Saturday.......and she said Yes!!!!!! (We all new she would)

We here at Dizzy Dad headquarters are so happy and excited for them that we are fittin' to burst!

We also think that it is about time too even though we always thought of them as married anyway.  The lack of a ceremony never mattered  :)

Anyway, the first time I heard that Little Bro had met Little Sis-in-law was about 4 years ago, and I believe the very first thing I did when I heard this info was what any good older brother would do and that was nab his cell phone and call her and tell her to "back  up off my man!"

Of course, it was all in good fun, but what a way to make a first impression on Little Bro's future wife.

Sheez!

After that call,  I noticed something odd about Little Bro...

He was actually happy, which was apparent by his beaming smile, but it was more than that.  He was practically giddy.

This guy is never giddy!  (well, he was when he called to tell me he proposed too, so he's been giddy twice that I know of)

Up til then, Little Bro was the type of guy who was always reserved, never showing anger or joy or excitement or anything that could remotely be mistaken as a human emotion.  Basically, he was the exact opposite of me, a guy that wears his emotions on his sleeve. 

Yeah, Little Bro was goofy, but coming from our family that was kind of expected.  Giddy, however, is a totally different story.

I was a little taken aback by it.

It was like he was telling me that this girl was it.  The only one he'd ever love for the rest of his life, and I believed him even if he didn't say it out loud.

He didn't have to.

Then Mama Bear and I met the girl causing all the ruckus, and we started to understand why Little Bro was so infatuated.  

Little Sis-in-Law is wicked awesome!

She's one of those people that upon first meeting you feel like you have known her your whole life.  So, from the beginning, Mama Bear and I really liked her, and Pizzly just loves her too.  He couldn't ask for a better Aunt, which is why we here are so stoked that Little Bro popped the question.

Don't get me wrong.  Mama Bear and I have always thought of them as a match set, so we've pretty much always referred to Little Sis-in-Law as such, and Pizzly has always known her as his Aunt. We're just totally giddy ourselves because they are so happy, and NOBODY deserves to be happy more than they do.

So, I just wanted to spread the word and the love and congratulate Little Bro and Little Sis-in-Law on their upcoming nuptials.  Mama Bear, Pizzly, and I all think the world of you two and love you bunches.

Now, Let's CELEBRATE!!!!!


2 comments:

  1. You mean you actually called your brother's girlfriend and threatened her before you actually met her? That's terrible in a hilarious kind of way! Were you trying to scare her off or just being a jerky older brother?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I wouldn't say I threatened her. She was pretty aware that it was a joke and all in good fun, but, yes, I did call her and prank on her before I had a chance to meet her. It is kind of my thing, and Little Bro knew exactly what I was going to do when he gave me his phone. The fact that she laughed and joked right back at me was kind of awesome and was the first clue of her radness!

      To be honest, no, I wasn't trying to scare her off. That thought never occurred to me really. I was really just trying to embarrass Little Bro, which didn't work.

      Yeah, I guess you could say I was just being a jerky older brother, but I prefer to call it "Initiating a new member into the family." Or something like that. Anything to make it sound better. Thanks for the comment Anonymous!

      Delete