Monday, March 12, 2012

With or At?

Lately, I have been noticing a strange occurrence...Just about every time I walk into a room, Pizzly will start to giggle.

Now, is he laughing with me or at me?

At first, I chalked this mad giggling up to him being happy to see me, but, now, I don't know what to think!  

It has been going on for just too long!

I am either wicked hilarious, or a complete doofus in his eyes.  My money is on the latter because my stand up routine was spotty at best, so I know I am not that funny.  


Yeah, I got laughs, but not LAUGHS!  

That's ok!  I know when to quit.

Anyway, the fact that my two year old thinks I am a joke is slightly bothersome, and I am totally not ready for it.  I mean I was thinking that this wouldn't happen until he was at least 8.  You know, that "tween" period of life.

Uhhh!!!  I shudder at the thought.  Not at that particular period of life.  It's the word that make me shudder!  I don't know why, but there is just something about the word "tween" that makes me cringe in disgust.  


The way I see it is you're either a teenager or you're not.  None of this "tween" bullcrap!

Well, that doesn't matter, but what does is that I thought I had another 6 years of being cool and funny.  After that, I was fully prepared to be a joke for the rest of my life.

I mean, after all, isn't that what being a teenager is all about; thinking your parents are goofy and slow in the head? 

Didn't we all think that we were sooooooooooo much smarter than our parents, and then we became parents ourselves?

Then what happened?

We found out that good ole' mom and dad weren't so stupid after all right? 


It will be nice to have someone think I am smart for a change.  I just hope I can pull it off!

No comments:

Post a Comment