Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Weight Loss Wednesday!

I learned something very important yesterday.  

I can no longer keep up with the boy!

It's funny how a 2 year old can keep going and going and going while I am ready for a nap after a half hour.  I swear this little monster never needs to rest.  

That's why he makes such a great exercise partner!

Yesterday, we were pretend hula hooping on the Wii.  He loved it!  Truthfully, I thought it was fun too, but man I didn't realize how sore you could get just from hula hooping, even if you are only pretending to hula hoop.

And, to think that I used to smirk at the idea of a hula hoop being a work out.  My tune has definitely changed now.  I mean my quads are sore, my butt's sore, and my tummy feels like I got ran over by a truck.  

So, I am either doing it wrong, or hula hoops really are an amazing workout tool and way harder than doing the steps that I have been doing for the past three weeks.  

Although, they were pretty hard too when I first started.

Anyway, with that said, here's an update.

3 weeks ago: 304.3 lbs (ouch!)
today:           287.6 lbs (still ouch, but at least moving in the right direction)

What am I doing?

I stole an exercise plan from one of my bestest friends called "Move Your Ass and Stop Eating so Damn Much!"  

It seems to be working so far.  

All I do is make sure that I do at least 1/2 hour of cardio exercise a day, which for me means either jogging in place or doing steps.  Both get kind of tricky because of my disease, so I usually have something to hold on to close by, but at least I am moving. (After yesterday, I am thinking about incorporating the hula hoop too)

As far as food goes, I pretty much eat whatever I used to just not as much of it.  For instance: Instead of 3 eggs for breakfast with toast and cheese and hot sauce, I'll have two eggs with hot sauce but no toast or cheese.  Of course, there is always an ample amount of coffee to go along with it, but that hardly matters.

To be honest, I found the food thing to be a little more difficult than the exercise because I don't like to be hungry.  But, after a day or two, I realized I really wasn't hungry.  I was just piling too much food on my plate habitually.  

So, I started using smaller plates, and stopped pig piling it on there.  Works for me.  I'm not hungry at all, and there is no sense eating more than I need to right?

That's it.  That's all I am doing, and so far I am losing weight, and I am pretty proud of myself.  I just hope I can keep it up.

1 comment:

  1. Good work and good luck. I am sure your family appreciates that you are trying to stay healthy and active to play with them.

    ReplyDelete