Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Wednesday's Weight...........GAIN!

This past week the boy and I have been working quite hard on continuing to whip me into shape.  We've been exercising everyday for at least 1/2 hour faithfully, I've been watching my food intake, so when I went to weigh myself this morning after "running" steps for half an hour I was fairly confident that I would see some good results.

Well, that didn't happen. **sniffle**

I actually gained weight since last week, about 1.5 pounds.  

Not too happy about that.

I mean I am not heart broken over it.  I am just a little disappointed in myself.

At first, I thought that something was wrong with the scale, so I weighed myself again. No difference.  Then I decided it must be because I was wearing different clothes, so I stripped down.  Again, no change.  

Oh well, so I gained 1.5 pounds and now weigh 289 even.  It could be worse.  I could have gained 20 pounds and be right back where I started.

See?  There's a bright side!

Also on a good note, I still feel relatively well, meaning my left side is still goofy, but it's not any worse than it was at the beginning of my quest to get fitter.  So, that's a plus too!  A major plus!

With my disease, it seems like no change = great!  

Well, that may not be fair.  It's just I have only had one change for the better over the last 22 years, and that was when my excellent neurologist came up with a medication combo that actually helped...A lot!  

Other than that, changes are usually for the worse.

So, when I tell you that I can still walk up and down the steps with out having to do the booty scootch, and I have only had one incident where lefty decided to call it quits on me, but even then the recovery was relatively quick, maybe half an hour, it is no insignificant thing.  

Not to me anyway.

So, all in all I think I am doing quite well despite the small weight gain this week.

Let's see what next week brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment