Thursday, February 2, 2012

I'm SO not Tired! Really!!! I'm Not!

Well, I decided that I had my ultra bad dad pants on this morning.

Why's that?

Because I was wicked lazy that's why!

You see I just didn't feel like making a second breakfast for the starving little man.  Its not like I let him go hungry or anything.  I just let him have left over frosting cake for breakfast and second breakfast.

I had all the intentions of making him oatmeal that I knew he wouldn't eat or giving him cottage cheese with fruit that he might have eaten but probably not, but, instead, I chose to do the easy thing, which makes me a terrible dad in my opinion, and let's face it.  My opinion is the only one that really counts here.

So, I gave him the leftover cake that we made together yesterday for Mama Bear as a special surprise for being an awesome mama.  We also made the frosting together too, but that is besides the point.

And, the only reason I let him have his frosting cake was because I knew that the little man was exhausticated.  His eyes were all droopy, he was yawning, and the sure fire way to tell if he is tired or not  is if he's rubbing his eyes, and he was.

I just knew that I would have a fight on my hands if I tried to give him anything other than what he was asking for, so I gave in and let him eat frosting cake for first and second breakfast.

And, everything was going so well until I did the stupidest thing ever.

I said the "N" word.

Yep, that's right.  I asked him if it was time for a nap!

Unwittingly, I had opened the floodgates to hell and Pizzly wasn't happy about it!

There was screaming and crying and flailing and tears and even a poop of rage.

Seriously!  He pooped he was so mad at me.

I'm not kidding you when I say this, but it lasted all of 30 seconds and then he stopped looked at me calmly and said "I not seepy Da."

I asked him if he was sure and he said it again just as cute as can be.

Then I asked, "Are you sure you're not tired buddy?"

Flood gates of hell again!

No, of course he wasn't tired.   What was I thinking even asking such a ridiculous question?

After a few minutes of that I convinced him to go read some books with me and he asleep in my arms by the time we reached the top of the stairs.  

Hmmpf...Go figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment