Friday, February 10, 2012

Da's Perfect Little Wingman!

Caution: This post is about gross bodily functions like doodoo and pukeyness!  But, not too gross really.  Only mildly gross...maybe...I guess it all depends on who you are as to how gross it is.



I learned something important last night.

Your toddler will want to be with you no matter what you are doing!  Pooping, peeing, puking, or going out for ice cream.  It doesn't matter.  They'll want to fly by your side like perfect little wingmen.

Yes, I did kind of know this before last night. 

I am not sure, but I think maybe the not being able to take a crap by myself in two years gave it away.  For real.  If I try to shut him out of the bathroom while I am in there he'll either bang on the door and scream at me, asking what I am doing, or he just open the damn door and come right in.

He doesn't care!

He just wants to be with his Da, and that's great! 

...To a certain degree.

Yes, I love spending all my time with him too, but there are times when I would like to take a crap without having a little guy in there with me trying to help wipe my bum when I am done.  Jeez!  I am no that old  yet!

Then, there are times, like last night, when I feel sicker than hell all of a sudden, so I decide to sit down on the frigid bathroom floor, making sure to stay as close as humanly possible to the toilet in case anything comes up when...you know who comes in after me?

Pizzly of course.

You can see it in his eyes.  He's thinking, "This is strange.  Da never sits in here.  He must be up to something.  I am going to sit in here too. Wouldn't want to miss anything!"

It took him a moment, but he realized awfully soon that I wasn't playing a game, and that I was sick.

Then the little sweetheart tried to comfort me.  He was rubbing my leg and telling me "It's ok." just like we do to him when he is sicky.

It was so sicky cute and sweet that I puked!

For real.

And the whole time I was doing it the boy was there obviously concerned, and a little frightened.  You see, I'm a loud puker!  I try so hard to keep it down that it has to fight it's way out, causing me to scream out my special puking battle cry.

But, despite this, the little man stolidly stayed right by my side until Mama Bear pulled him out of the warzone.

I guess she was afraid of splash back or something.

And, anyway, right then I realized something...that crazy little pisser would stick to my side no matter what, and I wouldn't have it any other way...even if that means never being able to shower alone or poop alone or sleep alone or do anything alone again, which is looking more likely every day

1 comment:

  1. You will again someday poop alone. I promise you!

    ReplyDelete