Thursday, October 20, 2011

I Need Play Time!

Well, lately I've been feeling like a shut in.  Ever since we started our renovation project I haven't gotten out of the house all that much unless it is to go out and get some supplies, for building.  It's starting to wear me out!

I just keep telling myself that it will be over soon, and then I'll be able to comfortably go to the Science Center or the Zoo or even the sketchy park with the boy again.  

I'm just sayin' that it will be nice to go back to our old routine that's all.  I know that Pizzly'll appreciate it too.

Well, at least I'm learning stuff, like how to run electrical wire and connect it to the panel box, which is kind of difficult if you don't see colors all to well.  When that's the case labeling becomes a necessity I'll tell you what!

I've also learned that proper planning and calculation is kind of important.  If you plan and calculate what you'll need properly, it will save you a butt load of time.  I'd probably be done with this project by now if I hadn't needed to run out and get stuff constantly.  I swear I have been at the local hardware store more than I have been building.  It's ridiculous!

I hate wasting time like that when I could be playing with my son.

When you get used to spending the weekdays just playing and romping with your kid, you kind of miss it when you can't do that for awhile, even if it is only for a brief amount of time. I hate having to have a babysitter for him while I am only 23 feet away.  

Alas, you can't have a 19 month old running around while you're using a circular or reciprocating saw.  I've been told it's dangerous or something.  So, for his safety he's gotta be locked inside while Grammy watches him.  

I miss the little tyke!  

Yeah, I know.  I see him through the window laughing and waving to me off and on all day, but that just isn't the same as actually being with him.

I need play time!  

Oh well, like I said, soon this renovation thing will be completed, and we will be able to get back to our old routine.  

You know, I can't believe that I was ever excited about this building stuff.  I am so over it now!

No comments:

Post a Comment