Thursday, October 6, 2011

Home Improvement Update!

Well, our remodeling project has been going on for a while now, and we finally got all the walls up...kind of.  By all the walls I mean all the exterior walls.

Anyway, since it is freezing out side I thought I would take a few pictures of our progress thus far and show them to you.  Oh, I am also going to include a photo of two of my favorite tools ever invented.


This used to be just a concrete slab under an outdoor
staircase
This is a photo of my new tool closet/bowling ball/ fishing gear cubby!

I am so excited that I will finally have a safe place to put my three or four tools along side my fly rod and tackle.  It's going to be awesome!


This used to be where we stored our recycling bins and trash
cans outside. 
This is a photo of where our new washer and dryer are going to go. 

I am thinking that a few wall cabinets and a few shelves might go up as well.

I was going to include a photo of the main entryway, but like the dolt that I am I forgot to take the picture and am too lazy to get back up and take it, so you are going to have to imagine it.  It's an 8' x 7' space that looks pretty similar to where the laundry area is but it has two doors in it.

Now, here are my two favorite tools in the whole world!


This is Mr. Fix it for when I screw up my measurements!
 I can't tell you how awesome reciprocating saws are!  One gets used here probably on a daily basis because it is so handy and can cut just about anything anywhere, and I am constantly screwing up my measurements if I bother to measure at all, so it is my go-to tool when I need to fix a mistake. 

Luckily, only a few of those have been made since I let my father in law worry about the measuring crap. 


This is dubbed my "Thor" hammer I use it for just about
everything that I don't use the reciprocating saw for. 
My second favorite tool is my 3 pound "finishing" hammer.

Now, all hammers are cool because with out them things like houses couldn't be built, but this hammer is by far the coolest. 

I use it for just about everything; framing, roofing, finished work, breaking rocks or concrete,you name it.  The only problem is if I happen to miss the nail and hit my thumb or something it really jacks my thumb up, but luckily I have it fairly well trained not to do that.

I have also noticed that since I have been using it my right arm seems to have grown bigger around than my left.  Either that or my left arm has shrunk.  I don't know.  Either way it is a weird phenomenon.   


P.s. Yes, I realize that my rock hammer isn't supposed to be used for anything that I am using it for,  but I can't help it!  It is just too damn cool not to use it for everything!


P.P.s. I am also extremely thankful for caulk.

No comments:

Post a Comment