Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Good Bye Ceramic Rooster! We'll Miss You...Kind of

Poor old Rooster.  Never knew what hit him!
Well, I have some sad, sad news today.


Pizzly's companion; his co-conspirator and partner in all things wicked has passed on to ceramic rooster paradise after suffering a mortal wound following an accident last night.

He might have been saved, but evil Mama Bear placed a D.N.R. order, so all we could do was look on as he passed with the super glue uselessly in our hands just begging to be applied. 

Oh well, we all knew that it was just a matter of time before Rooster fell.  He was more or less just counting the days himself.  

After all, how long could a fragile, ceramic rooster reside in a house hold with a toddler continuously waging war before something tragic happened? 

We all assumed that during the heat of battle he would pass on gloriously, but not like this; not with only a minor flesh wound stemming from a bump from a clumsy dad. 

Yes, it's true!

I accidentally caused the death of our big, always in the way ceramic rooster.  It was about 9 P.M.  I was tired and having difficult mastering my motor skills, like usual, which is why I walk with a cane, when I bumped the rooster and he fell over.  

I didn't even realize that I had bumped him until I heard him hit the floor.  I feel horrible!

Now, like the liar I am, I have to hide him from Pizzly and tell him that his rooster went to go and live on a farm with other roosters and hens.

Luckily, toddlers have short memories!  Otherwise, I might end up having to replace the dreadful thing.

1 comment: