Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Christmas Crazy! In October?

Well, I am super stoked today for a few different reasons.  We finished the rough framing on our addition, we passed the framing inspection for the addition, and we got a seriously cool toy in the mail today for Pizzly as a christmas present!

Pizzly's Christmas train
To be honest with you, the toy is by far the most exciting thing that has happened today and for the last few weeks.  

Yeah, we are already going a bit Christmas crazy 'round here!

Who am I kidding?  We been going Christmas Crazy since the day after Christmas.  Just look at my face for instance!  I have been growing this durned beard for almost an entire year just so I can look all snazzy in my big red suit, and I think that it is going to pay off big time!

I don't want to brag or nothin', but I'm a natural for the big man in red.

I'm even jolly...almost! 



Anyway, the real reason that my wife and I are getting all Christmas crazy is because Christmas is so much cooler now that there is a little guy running around to enjoy it with.  So, ever since last January we've been tucking away little things and holding things that Santa brought early so he can have enough room on his sleigh for everything later.

We do this for two reasons.  1 we like to by stuff for Pizzly; and 2 if we spread it out throught the whole eyear isn't such a shock to our bank account all at once in December.

The only problem with that logic is that it is so hard to wait.  I want to give the boy all his presents right now, so I can play with them!

Yes, that's right!  I want to play with my son's toys just as much as he wants to play with them, probably even more so because I get the added bonus of playing side by side with him.  That's what I really enjoy.   The toy's are just an added bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment