Friday, September 16, 2011

Toddler Bringin' the Drama!

For the last two weeks I have been making an effort to get healthier, and it seems to be working.  According to the doctor I have lost ten pounds and my blood pressure has lowered a bit, so I went out and celebrated my achievement with candy bars and pizza.  I'm just kidding!  Just with pizza, but it was homemade pizza at least.

Anyway, since I started this venture, I developed a routine where we would wake up, see momma off to work, check my blood pressure, and then exercise.  

Hey dad!  I got a new weight loss program for you.  I call it
"Move Your Ass and Stop Eating so Damn Much!"
Well, I wasn't feeling it this morning, and that was unacceptable to Pizzly apparently.  He's such a harsh task master.

I tried to tell him that I didn't want to do our regular routine, but he wasn't having it.  He was pulling on me and pushing on me to get me up and moving around, and I couldn't really say no to him because he was so insistent.

You see what you are doing to me Da?!  You're killing me here!
When I did say no, he brought out the drama.

He pulled out the blood pressure cuff as if to tell me that I am not as healthy as I could be yet, and then to make sure I got the point he threw himself to the floor and played dead for a few minutes!  

What a nut!

He's always been like this.  I remember first noticing it when he was a nutty 5 month old bouncing around in his baby swing.

He was wickedly self-reliant and strong willed.

So, I kind of figured that my wife and I were in for some crazy antics and trouble from him later on.

Well, since I knew he wasn't going to relax on the whole, "Da you need to exercise right now!" thing I decided that he was probably right.  

So, I exercised.  You win this time little man, but don't get used to it.  When you stop being so durned cute it will be much easier to resist your demands.

No comments:

Post a Comment