Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Renovation Part 1

Well, I am super stoked today!  I just got a truck load of material so we can move on with our remodeling project!

Exciting stuff!  In the end we will finally have our very own laundry room, so no more laundry mats and no more going to the inlaws to wash our clothes!  It's going to be amazing.

I can't wait for it to be done, and this having to wait in order to work on it is killing me! 

How old do you think a kid has to be before you can put them to work? 

I would think that at 19 months Pizzly is old enough to swing a hammer right?

...I'm kidding by the by...

I wouldn't make him hammer anything.  I don't have a hammer light enough for him to put in a good days work.  Pizzly will be cutting insulation to size and stapling it into place.  That would be a perfect job for him!

He's got to earn his keep somehow!  (Kidding again)

Anyway, I think that it is time to start organizing the materials and planning the build.

This is going to be so much fun!  I'll make sure to take pictures of our progress and keep you updated on how it's all going.  So far, we have the floor grid complete and I will be doing the insulation and plywood decking once it dries up a bit and a babysitter arrives.

I am so excited that we are going to have our own washer and dryer for once!

It's like Christmas time!


P.s.  Having to wait sucks! 

P.P.s.  It's really hard to build anything with a rugrat running around even if Grammy is watching him!  Apparently, he want's to be with Daddy and part of the action too, and I can't blame him.  I'm awesome! :)

P.P.P.s. It makes me feel so good that he wants to be with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment