Monday, September 26, 2011

Mucking It Up Like Always

Have you ever noticed that no matter how hard you try to plan everything out meticulously everything always ends up all FUBAR anyway.  

...Maybe it's just me.






As you may well know, we are doing a little remodeling 'round here, and for the first time ever I am even trying to plan everything out.  I spent hours and hours calculating exactly everything we would need, and roughly how much everything will cost.  


Weee!  I'm an Airplane!


I know, if you know me this is totally out of character for me as I am the sort of guy who likes to "fly by the seat of his pants."








Anyway, my calculator must be broken because despite all of the effort I put into calculating square footage and how many board feet we will need I still ended up with either too little of what I needed or way too much.  Oh, and I totally forgot that I would need hardware, like nails, in order to complete this project, so I have probably made a dozen trips to the hardware store for nails and caulk alone in the past week.  It is getting to the point where they know my name now!

Not cool!

Well, it is kind of cool that they know my name, but it isn't cool that I am wasting all this time going from place to place when I should be hammering things and making noise with my cool electrical saws.  

I won't lie.  One of the main reasons that I am so excited about this project is the fact that I get to use all these cool tools.  Maybe it's a guy thing...maybe it's a me thing...I don't know.  Sometimes, I'll screw something up just so I will have to re-cut something.  Pathetic isn't it?

Another reason that I am loving the building part of this project is because Pizzly is so infatuated with it.  The boy will just sit for hours with Grammy watching what Grampy and Da are doing.  If he was just a tad older it would be wicked cool having him out there with us building.  Mama could show him how to do the plumbing, and Da could teach him how to make noise with the saws, and then Mama could show him how to fix Da's mistakes.  It would be great!

Unfortunately, we are going to have to wait a few years for him to be old enough for any of that.  By then this project will be completed...hopefully.  

I guess we'll have to take up building bird houses or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment