Monday, September 5, 2011

I'm an Ugly Dad, and I'm Owning that!

I have noticed three things lately, and one is whenever an ad features a family, whenever I read an article in a parenting magazine, or even whenever there's a tv show with parents in it, all the parents are inordinately hot!

Then I noticed that I am decidedly not hot, which makes me  ask myself, "Am I the only non-hot dad?"  

"Maybe I will start going to the gym and then maybe cut my hair in an effort to try and look nicer."

Then again...no...I won't do that or anything like that.  

Yep, I'm an Uggo!  But, at least, I'm a natural at it!
I know that I won't because I am too lazy to work out, and I don't care enough to actually change my grooming habits because that takes effort too.

So, if I am stuck being an Uggo for life, I might as well own it!

Therefore, you'll never see me in a tanning salon or waxing all the hair off my back or chest or wherever else people wax, and you'll never see me working out at a gym staring at myself in the mirror while I am lifting weights.  

Why not?  Because I'm not brave enough to wax, and I think that the guys at the gym who stare at themselves are creepy.  


Plus, I find the gym rather intimidating since I started using this cane thing.


Anyway, just because I refuse to do any of that doesn't mean that I don't care about how I look.  I really do.  But, I am not going to put too much effort in trying to be something that I am not.  That would be like lying to myself.


Then, lastly, I noticed that there are so many people trying desperately to be hot!  


The exact thing that I won't do because I realized a long time ago that it would be useless for me to even try.

*sigh*


I just want to know when did we, as a society, get so superficial? 


Why do we feel so much pressure to be "beautiful" and rail thin?


It always amuses me that so many parents go through all the trouble of getting "made-up" and "put together" just to go to the park or the zoo or wherever.


It doesn't make sense to me.


Why put all that effort into looking nice when you know your kid is just going to mess it all up for you?  


It's only a matter of time before they puke, pee, snot, or any other gross thing all over you, so you might as well spend a little less time applying your make up and picking out your outfit because in the end it isn't going to matter anyway.


We're parents now!


We're going to look like train wrecks no matter how hard we try not to!  


Whatever you are own it.  Stop trying to be something that you aren't.

No comments:

Post a Comment