Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Horror of Waking the Boy vs The Horror of Bob the Builder!

Well, hello there!

It's back to just me, A Dizzy Dad, today.  Sorry, I know you're all disappointed, but that's just how it goes.  We can't always have a rad guest poster, like Mama Bear, stop by.

Anyway, Pizzly seems to be especially needy today. He is refusing to nap unless he can be right on top of me, which makes it kind of hard to type because my other arm is pinned beneath a little boy bum. 

I am terrified to even try to wriggle out from under him at this point.  If he wakes up again I'm done for!

Don't get me wrong here.

I love snuggling the boy on the  couch, but the remote for the DVD player is on the otherside of the room.  So, until Pizzles wakes up I am stuck watching the same "Bob the Builder" episode over and over again because it is one of those dreadful kids DVD's that automatically repeats itself until the end of time unless you shut it off.

Image from openlibrary.org
It's like the "Song that Never Ends!"

Do you remember Lamb Chops?

I used to have nightmares involving that stupid puppet, and I just got over my fear of her a few years ago!

I'm not kidding you when I tell  you that I used to wake up in cold sweats with the stupid "Song that never ends" song stuck in my head, thinking that there was a furry puppet attacking me.

Now, I  am worried that Bob the Builder is going to haunt my dreams with his equally annoying theme song running through my mind while he has Dizzy or whichever of his evil minions destroy me.

My blood pressure is elevating already, and I am starting to stink of fear sweat!

Should I chance waking Pizzly up to shut off this horror, or do I sit here and take it like the quivering "Jesse" that we all know I am?


from flickr.com,

To be honest, I am not sure which scares me more, the thought of having to sit through another hour of Bob the Builder and his cronies screetching their theme song out at me, or the possibility of waking the boy up, which might mean certain death. 

I'm gonna go for it...having the little man eat me alive for waking him up has to be better than being stuck here on the couch, being forced to watch the same loop of Bob the Builder for hours on end.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment