Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Stupid...Stupid...Stupid...Me!

Well, yesterday I was a little peeved at all the idiotic kids that are out and about, and I am finding it amazing at how quickly I have forgotten about that and have now decided to be angry at myself.

Well...not really all that angry.

More like embarrassed, but not quite as embarrassed as not knowing what a Brazilian wax was or the time I got caught making a sling shot out of a mannequin and her bra in a store.

Nevertheless, I am still a little embarrassed and I am sure that my manliness is being called into question by somebody somewhere for other reasons than being a stay at home da.

As you may or may not know, yesterday I had to take the family truckster to the car doctor's because it was smoking fairly heavily, which irritated me a little.  The last thing I wanted was to have to spend money on fixing my vehicle, but what choice did I have.  I started her up and the entire van was immediately engulfed in smoke.  

Well, I can't be driving the little man around like that, so I had no choice but to take it in and have it checked out, hoping for the best but preparing for the worst.  

Anyway, I dropped the van off and told the mechanic what was up with it.  Well, actually he could kind of tell by the horrid smell it was making as well as all the smoke it was creating.  But, anyway, I dropped it off and waited all day for the bad news.

Well, eventually I couldn't wait anymore so I gave them a call to see what was wrong, and they hadn't gotten to it yet, but they assured me they would soon.  

Knowing my mechanic the way I do I knew he would never call me back, so I asked my wife to just stop by on her way back home from work.  


Yeah, I could call them again, but they usually don't answer their phone after 4:30, so what's the point?

AS it turns out, asking my wife to stop by was a mistake!

I looked like a major ass when they figured out what the problem was and told her about it.

Now, I am the butt of a few jokes I imagine.

Anyway, my little darling wife came home with her typical impish little grin that she only gets when I do something stupid, and then she blurts out "There's nothing wrong with your car except that it somehow had too much transmission fluid in it and it was spouting out onto the engine, which caused all the smoke."


"Hmm...I wonder how all that got in there?" She said.

Then she proceeded to laugh at me.

So, now my wife thinks I'm an ass, my mechanic, who is also a family friend, thinks I am an ass, and I have the privilege of paying for the knowledge that I am an ass in cold hard cash.  

You know, I could have saved some of my dignity and checked the fluid levels of the van, but I didn't.  So, it is my fault that I look like an idiot.  

I just wish that I had been the one that got a hold of the mechanic first because then I could have at least come up with some sort of extravagant lie to tell my wife so I could retain some of my manliness.

She's never going to let me live this down you know!

Well, even had I managed to come up with an extravagant lie where I somehow outsmarted the mechanic and fixed the problem all on my own my wife would see right through it because I can't lie for crap apparently, and she always knows when I am telling her a tall one.  But, it would have at least been worth a try.

Oh well.  Looking at the bright side of things, at least there was nothing wrong with the family truckster, and, for that, I am glad to sacrifice my pride...I guess.  


Now, it's time to get prepared for the jokes at my expense.

1 comment:

  1. Mistakes like that can happen to the best of us. If that is the biggest one you make for a while, then you are a lucky young man.

    ReplyDelete