Friday, July 22, 2011

A Not so Discreet Message!

As many of you know, my wife and I have been working on potty training our little man.  So far, it is going fairly well.  Sure there are a few accidents, but on the whole we are making awesome progress and I am really proud of the little tyke.  

I think he is rather proud of himself too.  But, on the whole I think he is just in it for the treats we give him when he sits on the potty.  

Hey, that works for me.

Unfortunately, the little bugger has learned to sit on the potty, get his treat, and then skate off with out producing anything.  

The little cheater!  

Well, yesterday I said to myself, "I'll fix his little red wagon!  I am not going to give him his treat unless he sits there and makes with the pee or poop."  There.  Problem solved.  He's smart I am sure he'll catch on.

Well, here's the problem he did catch on, and he wasn't happy about it.  No.  He didn't throw a tantrum or anything.  He's much too sneaky for that, and he knows that a tantrum won't get him anywhere.  

Instead, he waited and formulated a plan in order to make me see the error of my ways with a very clear, distinct message.

He coaxed me into playing with him on the floor, which I don't need to be coaxed to do.  No.  This wasn't the message.  Just wait.  Trust me it's worth it.

So, anyway, we were playing on the floor last night while my wife took a shower.  Everything seemed normal, and, like usual, he got tired after a few moments, so we both just sort of laid on the floor resting.

After a few moments, he jumped back up to his feet, which is usually the precursor to him jumping on me.  Well, he didn't jump on me.  

He startled giggling like a fiend.  Then he walked quietly up to my head like he was trying to sneak up on me.

So, here I was lying on the floor with a toddler sneaking up to my head just waiting for him to pounce...but he never did.

He started shrieking with laughter instead.  And, that's when I felt something warm falling on the side of my head.

THE LITTLE MONSTER WAS PISSING ON MY HEAD!  ON PURPOSE!

Apparently, that was the funniest thing in the world, and he was laughing so hard that I couldn't even scold him for being gross and mean.  No, I started laughing too, which I know is going to back fire because now he thinks he can get away with it.

Anyway, after he stopped urinating on me he pointed to the potty and then to the cheese doodles.

I looked at him and said, "Point taken.  I'll continue to give you the treats every time you sit on the potty regardless of whether or not you peepee or poopoo."  Then he smiled, pointed at me and laughed, and then ran to go tell his momma what he had done.

The brat is too smart for his own good.

2 comments:

  1. Well, there might have been a little embellishment here because when an accident occurs I always point to the potty and say "If you go into the potty I'll give you treat." Then I point at the cheese doodles. So, he might have just been mimicking me when he did that, but I prefer to think that he was sending me a message that I could never forget.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Potty Training are always the fun time you remember. You have the most interesting stories to tell people. Love you blog, its so cute.
    http://warriormomwife25.blogspot.com/2011/07/united-states-terrorist-flag.html

    ReplyDelete