Wednesday, June 8, 2011

My Kid is Lucky he is so Darn Cute!

My little man never ceases to amaze me.  Today, he not only reprogrammed our television remote somehow, but he also managed to cram 4 DVDs into our DVD player all in the amount of time that it took me to put the coffee maker together and start a pot brewing. 

All I have to say about that is he is lucky he is so darn cute!

Now, I have to search desperately on the web trying to find what the programming codes are for my universal remote, and I had to take apart the DVD player, which was easy even though I shocked myself pretty good.  I guess I should have unplugged it first or something.  Oh well, you live and learn.  Now, the only problem I am having is trying to figure out how to reprogram this stinkin’ remote.

Yeah, I am cussing in my mind pretty hard right now because I am keeping my promise to try and stop swearing so much.  I never would have thought that I would ever utter “Golly Gee” out loud, but I have today a few times because the harder stuff is not allowed.  Yeah, I have turned into one of those people who swear but not quite.  Well, I guess you could say that I am aspiring to be one of those people anyway. 

It’s a worthy aspiration because my little guy is at the stage where he repeats random things that you say around him, so now he is chasing the dogs around the house and slapping his leg just like I do when I am angry and yelling out “Golly Gee!”  It is super cute, but can you imagine how mad his mama would be if she came home hearing him say what I wanted to say? 

It wouldn’t be pretty!  

Anyway, to be completely honest, I am about ready to say screw it and go and buy another remote because I am having such a hard time finding an online manual for this remote that I can understand.  How the heck did my kid figure out how to reprogram this thing when I can’t even figure it out with a manual?  Seriously!  It is like a seven step process to program it.  It’s ridiculous! 

I guess this is what I get for losing the original Television’s remote, and then letting the boy gets his grubby hands on the new one.  Who knew that he would be so technologically savvy?  Like I said, he is lucky he is so darn cute right now because I have finally found the remote’s manual online and there are probably 100 different numbers I can try to reprogram the thing.  It looks like this is going to take a while. 

So, let this be a lesson to you all.  Your kid has an innate ability that allows him or her to screw up your electronic devices, and they will do it just to mess with you!  They think it’s funny to watch you struggle to restore order after they so easily caused chaos.  He could at least put the remote back to the way it was, but he won’t.

I have tried bribery with cheese puffs.  I have tried begging him.  I have even told him that we would go to the zoo if he fixed daddy’s remote.  Nope.  Nada!  All my begging and bribery resulted in was him grabbing the remote and tossing it in the diaper pail. 

Now, I have a poop covered, non-working remote!  Great! 

Like I said, this boy is lucky he is so darned cute! 

No comments:

Post a Comment