Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Hair Metal is Turning My Baby Into a Little Monster!

I have to say that my little man never ceases to amaze me.  He is such a happy little bugger!  He loves to laugh and play and get snuggled. 

But, as you can see by my new photo above, he has a dark side too!

How can this be?

How can my perfect little monster truly be a monster at times?

Personally, I blame it on the devil music he likes best of all, 80’s hair metal and Metallica.  He just can’t get enough of either.  Whenever a fast, thrashing song starts playing he goes completely batcrap insane!

The transformation is magical!

He changes from this sweet loving little guy to a head bangin’ lunatic.  I love it!  And, I can honestly say that I didn’t teach him to hea bang.  He came by it naturally!  But, even if I was the impetus for this crazy dancing style it is still cute as heck!  Best of all, he is having a great time when he does dance like that, and I, for one, am not going to discourage him. 

He is still the same loveable little tyke that he always is.  He’s just more maniacal than usual.  Well, not really.  Kids have energy, and they need to release it.

Also, I appreciate the fact that I don’t have to change what I listen to because he likes it too.  All I have to do is make sure there aren’t any swear words in the songs. 

No problem! 

Well, that is kind of a problem, but nothing I can’t handle because there are plenty of songs out there that don’t have swearing in them.  Luckily, of the 400 or so songs that I have on the computer or mp3 player only a hundred and fifty or so have swearing in them.  The rest either don’t or the songs are in French, and, let’s face it, how many times is he likely to get in trouble for swearing in French when he eventually goes to school or preschool?

Not very many I should think, but I even got rid of the French songs that have a lot of swearing in them just in case.

Anyway, the point is I am not allowing him to hear a lot of cursing and what not because he is bound to repeat it, which will surely get him into trouble at some point.  I know that he is bound to hear cussing sooner or later.  I just prefer it to be later. 

I also refuse to believe that bad behavior can be blamed on anything but poor parenting, so I am not going to limit the types of music he can listen to.  It’s the content of the songs I am going to pay attention to…for now… because of my refusal to believe that the music a kid listens to has anything to do with their behavioral problems.  That would be a parenting issue.  

No comments:

Post a Comment