Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Since When is Being Stupid, Dry Humping, Toking Up, or Being Drunk at the Park Trendy?!

I’ve often wondered why on earth most, if not all, of the parks around my house seem to be frequented primarily by either horny teens, dopers, drunks, or just overall stupid people.  Don’t get me wrong.  Normal people use them too, but after a certain time of day it is like all normals know to leave so the dirt filthies can have a go at it. 

Unfortunately, I was not aware of this shift change.  Otherwise, I would never have dragged my family out at 7 pm to go to the park. 

Boy was I disappointed!

Now, I fully understand that once the sun sets it is common  knowledge that the parks are not going to be the safest places, but when the sun is still high in the sky why wouldn’t you be able to go to the park and play with your kid and feel comfortable there? 

I don't mean to imply that last night the park seemed dangerous or anything, but it did seem really annoying. 

I just got tired of seeing a skad of hooligans pushing the swings over and over the swing bar so little kids couldn’t use them because the swings were too high off the ground for poor little ones to reach them.  

It also perturbed me that these bratty kids had the worst case of potty mouth I have ever heard.  I had to try and keep talking louder than them so the little man wouldn’t pick up any more foul language than he already knows.  

Yes, these teens were irritating, but what really annoyed me was the “adult” that was “chaperoning” them.

Why would this guy let all this go on?  Shouldn’t he be doing something to rein these kids in a little?  He should have at least pulled the two off the slide that were dry humping shouldn’t he?   

Well, the reason this guy didn’t do anything to stop his kids and their friends from being little ass holes was because he was either too stupid or too drunk to care.  My best guess is he was probably both, but, to be fair, I didn’t get close enough to do a sniff test.

I would like to say that the possibility of drunkenness was a sudden realization to me, but, in my town, public drunkenness is pretty common place, especially at the park.  In fact, it is so common that it is expected that when you get to the park someone there will be drunk.  

I know.  It is sad, but it’s also true.  Almost every time the little man and I go to the park there is a man or woman there  that has obviously had a bit too much to drink.  But, most of the time the drunks that are there have the decency to sit quietly on the benches with their paper bags and only speak when spoken to.  And, even then they try their darnedest to be polite, and this is true even for dimmest of them, which is pretty dim indeed. 

Well, this guy wasn’t the normal every day stupid drunk guy at the park.  He wasn’t quiet at all.   He was totally obnoxious!   

This guy was yelling about everything and making lame jokes that he was screaming out proudly.   Worst of all, he repeated the things he yelled out numerous times in order to make sure we all heard him and understood whatever juvenile joke he was trying to make. 

Not cool!

Not funny!

Not impressive in the least!

I honestly think that he thought he was funny, well that much was obvious, but I also believe that he thought he was impressing us with his ability to shout out stupid things like, “I swear I didn’t do it!” after he heard a police siren. 

How he thought that this kind of behavior was supposed to be cool, funny, or impressive baffles me.  All I can say is it must have been the alcohol tricking his already handicapped brain.

Had he been not quite so dim and or drunk he would have realized that  he wasn’t funny, and he would have known that he was nothing more then a jack ass and that's just not impressive!  

Really, how can anyone be impressed by a jack ass?

Well, I wasn’t impressed anyhow.  I just wanted to play with my son, which was kind of hard when there was a whole truck load of stupid making noise seemingly trying hard to make other people uncomfortable. 

I am just glad that the park was large enough that it was easy to usher my little man away from the jerk and his jerky kids.  

Which raises another question.

Don’t teenagers have better things to do than hang out at a park these days?

I don’t care if they do show up with an adult.  Don’t teenagers these days have the decency to leave the playground area of the park alone?  I can understand it if they were playing with a little kid, but this is rarely the case.  Most often, if there is a teen at the park they are playing with another teen doing who knows what, and being dreadfully rude and obnoxious at the same time. 

When I was a teeny bopper, I made sure to bring a soccer ball or something to the park because I recognized that the playground was place for little kids to play on with their families.  I would never dream of hanging out there because back then, any teen that had any shame at all would never get caught hanging out, playing, doing drugs, or dry humping on the playground at the park.  It was an unwritten rule that that kind of behavior was just unacceptable anywhere, but especially while at a park.

For one thing, we would have been too embarrassed to be seen at a park because that was just not cool.  We would have been embarrassed to be seen with the rest of our families, and god forbid being seen enjoying ourselves once we were there. If we had to go to the park with them, then we would have begged to be taken to an out of town park to minimize the chance of being seen by someone that we knew.  Even then, we would sequester ourselves to the basketball courts because it was one thing to be seen at the basketball court or maybe even at the public pool, but that was it.  The playground area was off limits as it opened you up to all sorts of ridicule from your peers.

And, for another thing, teens in the nineties were smart enough to realize that if you were going to do drugs or  be "bumpin' uglies" someplace, then the park was the worst place in the world to go to because it was a populated place, which meant there was a good chance that you would get busted.  

Think about it!

Parks are crawling with kids, which means that parents will be there too, which means that there is a good chance that a few of these parents will either know your parents or they will call the police if they think you are up to no good.  Either way, toking up or boinking your boy/girl friend at the park is a bad idea.  You’re just going to get caught eventually.

Apparently, teens nowadays don’t know this.

I am not sure what changed in the world that made teens these days feel comfortable hanging out at the playground in the park, but I mourn the loss of the days when they didn’t.  Maybe the cause of this change is the increasing number of stupid parents like the idiot I saw last night.  I don’t know.  Maybe my expectations are too high.

I know that the current societal trend leans towards stupidity and self-centeredness.  Of course that includes teenagers.  They as a group are already notorious for being self-centered and incredibly stupid, so, in that sense, teens are the trendiest of us all.  Why would anyone expect anything different?

    

2 comments:

  1. We must be hanging out at the same park. I'll look for you next time and we can scowl at those kids together. Maybe they will get the hint :)
    I never thought I would be that old fuddy duddy, yelling at those whipper snappers to watch their mouths and play somewhere else. But then I never though I would see any body act in public the way so many do. It's so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We may be chilling at the same place! Isn't it so frustrating there? I just want to shake my cane in dismay at these kids and "adults." At least now I know that if I want to take the little man to the park I have to do it before school lets out for the day. Then all I have to deal with are the crazy stay at homers like me. :)

    ReplyDelete