Thursday, March 10, 2011

Toddler's are Crazy

Well, I have finally come to the realization that a 1 year old is more energetic and cunning then I could have ever imagined.  Yes, I have been warned multiple times about this very thing, but I guess I was na├»ve then and thought that I wouldn’t have such a problem.  After all, he is only a toddler right?  Wrong.  He is a maniac. 

I can’t say that I didn’t see this coming, but I can tell you that I didn’t imagine his maniacal tendencies would appear so soon.  Somehow this morning he figured out how to escape his pack and play and climb a lampstand to get on top of his changing table.  He has also figure out that jumping off the couch onto the blankets and pillows on the floor is great fun too.  Now I am scared to think about how he is going to hurt himself when I put the couch blankets and pillows back.  Will he try jumping off the couch on other things?  I hope not.

Thinking back, I really should have listened to all the warnings that people gave me about how much of a hell raiser he was going to be as a toddler.  I just didn’t fully understand all the trouble that toddlers could get themselves into.  Holy cow!  Are they all like this?  So far the only sure fire method to keep track of him is to tired him out until he falls asleep.  Then I do whatever I can until he wakes up in ten minutes and we exercise like crazy again and fall asleep again. 

Unfortunately, doing this means that I get tired too, so I fall asleep with him most of the time.  It also means that he is getting more endurance.  So, every day the amount of time he is able to wreak havoc get longer and longer.  It is getting to the point that I cannot really do anything, but make sure that he isn’t going to kill himself.  That is becoming quite a chore.  I can’t even fathom what type of antics he is going to be up to tomorrow let alone next week or month.  It seems like he gets crazier as he gets bigger and older.       

No comments:

Post a Comment