Thursday, February 24, 2011

Horrible Horrible Kid's Parties

Well, the little man’s birthday party went off without a hitch.  It was great to see everyone having such a great time.  I guess the highlight of the day was watching him play with my friend’s 4 year old little girl.   It was just awesome.  They were running and laughing and having such a great time that it was almost a pity that the party had to end.   Oh well.


Anyway, in a way I am glad that his birthday party is over with because I don’t plan on throwing him another party until he is old enough to ask for one.  If any of you have been fortunate enough to have had the opportunity to attend a child’s birthday party before then you know what I mean.  They are completely obnoxious.   These parties are like a get out of jail free card for many parents.  They show up, hang out, and let their children run around like a bunch of wild animals.  Do they keep track of them?  No, of course not!  Apparently, that magically becomes someone else’s responsibility.  I’m sorry, but I think that children need to be watched even if they are at a party.  

Unfortunately, what happens most of the time is that I get stuck watching the little jerks.  I don’t mind watching my kid and making sure he doesn’t hurt himself or anyone else.  That’s my job as his dad, but I don’t really much like watching other people’s jerky kids.  But, I know that if I don’t they are sure enough going to get hurt because their parents are too lazy to pay attention to them.

This really infuriates me.  It wouldn’t be so bad if it was always kids that I know, but even then I feel like telling people “Enough is enough.  Your kid is going to hurt itself if you don’t pay attention to what the heck it is doing.”  I guess I just figure that if I can watch my kid and pay attention to what he is doing then you can do the same for your kid too.  That’s your responsibility as a parent.  Don’t take it lightly.  I don’t. 

It is precisely because of this that I hate the idea of having birthday parties for my son.  This last one he had was alright, but I am willing to bet that when he gets older it is going to et much much worse.   I already noticed how many parents tend to forget to watch their kids at the park last summer.  I can only imagine how bad it will be at a birthday party.  Scratch that.  I already know how bad it gets at little kids birthday parties.  I went to one where the little brats were swimming when one of the little idiots decided to start throwing mud and rocks at the other kids.  Well, pretty soon all the little stupid kids were throwing rocks and mud at each other having a great time.  I decided not to say anything to the brats because at the time I didn’t have any children, but after 5 or 10 minutes of watching this idiocy I had to do something because one kid already got hit in the face and fell off his inner tube, and I didn’t want a smaller kid to get hit and drown.  So, I yelled at the kids and told them that that was probably a really bad idea and I didn’t want to see that kind of horse crap anymore.  I want to know why none of the other 10 adults there didn’t think to say anything to stop this behavior.   And, why did they give me such sour looks after I yelled at the little jerk kids?  Anyone with any sort of common sense knows that you don’t mess around in water.  That is especially true if there are kids involved and some of them aren’t strong swimmers.  That water was deep.  It was only a matter of time before one of those dumbass kids took a rock to the side of the head and drowned.  It probably would have been one of the little ones and not the 7-8 year old ones. 

It is because of situations like this one that I hate children’s parties, and I hope that my baby boy doesn’t feel like he needs to have one every year, but if he does I guess I can live with it as long as it is always somewhere other than my home.  Let the brats wreck the park or something.  


No comments:

Post a Comment